Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mom is being patient in waiting for the 24th to come along. That’s when we get the MRI done so as a request from her, we’re going to spend some time to focus on Alzheimer’s.  As you know if you are a regular reader, my father has what his doctor has defined as “rapid declining dementia”.    

It is time for me to do something about it.  So I decided to join a walk.  To tell you the truth, I have never been a big fan of walk-for-this events.  Walking seems so trivial compared to the cause.  But in this case it is a little different because not only am I walking to raise awareness and funds, but also for my own benefit.  I know the health benefits of walking.  There are not only physical benefits but emotional as well.  My dad will be with us.  I will be there with my cane and when I can no longer walk someone will be pushing my wheel chair.  I want that someone to be YOU.
Please visit this website and consider making a donation. 


If you are in the Milwaukee area on October 2 at 9:30 a.m. please consider walking with us and taking a turn to push my chair as I walk for my father and for the millions of people facing Alzheimer’s.   Here is my Team Page which will give you the chance to sign up to walk.  In the center of the page click the "join my team" link.  
 

More information to follow.  Please strongly consider making a small donation and pray about walking with us on this special day.  Mom is already cleaning her walking shoes and she has promised to be there even if her hair hasn’t grown back in by then.

No comments: