Thursday, September 16, 2010

September 16, 2010

It usually is a very bad sign when the Doctor, not the nurse, but the Doctor, calls your house.  I got a phone call from the radiologist this morning around 8:15 a.m.  I was shocked to hear his voice on the other end.  He said, "I know you are all scheduled to see me today about the results of the MRI but I wanted to give you a call first"...

that can't be good, right?

Then he said, "I know you all drive about an hour so I wanted to see if you had any questions I could answer on the phone.  Otherwise, your Mom's MRI scan is clear and there are no signs of cancer cells in the brain."

YEAH!!!  YIPPEE!!!  WAHOO!!!!!  WAY TO GO!!!!  CELEBRATION!!!

So now on to prophylactic radiation.  We have all thought, prayed, discussed, cried, yelled, screamed, and of course - researched.  And the overwhelming response is this:  the benefits of prophylactic radiation to the brain FAR outweigh the negative.  And if we don't do this, and the cancer decides to show itself in the brain - there's the chance it could show up and be to late.

So we'll keep you posted.  Mom is emotionally set for ten rounds of radiation to the brain as a preventative measure.  We will let you know when that is scheduled.  For now - YAY!!!!!!!!

No comments: