Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 24, 2010 12:30 p.m.

Mom slept until about 10:00 a.m. this morning.  I chose not to wake her and let her sleep but now I'm thinking I should have gotten her up to at least feed her this morning.  She is very sick right now.  nauseu, dizzy, vomiting.  She has a temperature that I'm monitoring very closely as these could be signs of an infection of some sort.  Her white blood cell count is probably very low so we have to watch things very closely.  I attemped some nausea medication and a little bit of food in the g-tube this morning but that pushed her over the edge.  She is sitting up now with a cold cloth on her forehead and the garbage bucket very close at hand.  I will try a minute bit of food in her g-tube in about another 1/2 hour.  I also have a call in to the doctor as her nausea medication is not working very well. 
These are what they call trying times, I guess.  Trying to stay focused and stay well and take care of both mom and dad and myself is a little taxing but I'm managing so far.  I decided that if Mom doesn't begin to show improvement next week that I'll probably call hospice to come help for a few days to give us a break, kinda mix up the routine a bit.  I must admit that the thought of having a nurse here for a few days is very enticing.  I'll give that some serious prayer.

1 comment:

terri said...

Hospice help could b a gd thing