Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30, 2010

Dad and I arrived at the hospital this morning about 10:00 a.m. and found mom walking with a nurse, free of any IV's tubes, and with a smile on her face.  So very good to see her up and walking around.  She is very tired but feels better.  They want to see a few things happen today and then may release her as early as tomorrow.  We spoke to the doctor about the mold removal process at the condos and he said it's fine as long as we don't go in the hallway.  We'll block the door off and we have a very strong air purifier in their bedroom so he said she will be fine. 

Terri and her boyfriend, Ryan, are on their way here to visit with mom.  Mom and Dad are in her room and I'm sitting in the little coffee shop having a break.  I still feel guilty for even thinking about 'taking a break' from people I love but I am more in need of some quiet, me time.  There's a great song that I used to sing and one line from it said, "it's good to be lonely every now and again, to be parted from the ones you adore; to sit at table for two all alone, take a look at the world around you".  so very true.

Many of my friends are dealing with stress in their lives and one of my favorite things to do when I'm stressed is to go find a pine tree - you heard me right - a pine tree.  And i get under the pine tree and wait for a breeze - or a strong wind - something to make the pine needles sing.  to me that is one of the most soothing, centering sounds in the world.

When I was younger I would get these random post cards and notes from my father and sometimes he would just write, "don't forget to watch the clouds".  He was referring to the fine art of sitting under a tree, or on a park bench, or even in your car - and simply watch the clouds roll by for awhile.  It helps to keep the head clear and put life on hold for a few minutes.

I hope you get the chance to watch the clouds roll by today - or the pine needles sing in the wind - or the leaves on the trees clapping their hands - and if you listen even closer, you can sometimes hear the tall grass singing hymns...but you have to be very still to hear it.

1 comment:

terri said...

I love you mom come home already
and kurt it's funny that u mention the clouds and trees I still do that on a day to day basis. It's soothing and relaxing and u find things within ur self that u never thought was there I love u